(Classical) Edgar Moreau, Riccardo Minasi, Il Pomo d'Oro - Giovincello: Cello Concertos {Haydn, Vivaldi, Platti, Boccherini, Graziani} - 2015, MP3 (tracks), 320 kbps

DL-List and Torrent activity [Update пиров]
Size:  185 MB   |    Registered:  7 months 1 day   |    Completed:  0 times

Seeder not seen: Never

Edgar Moreau, Riccardo Minasi, Il Pomo d'Oro - Giovincello: Cello Concertos
Жанр: Classical
Страна-производитель диска: Великобритания
Год издания: 2015
Аудиокодек: MP3
Тип рипа: tracks
Битрейт аудио: 320 kbps
Продолжительность: 1:19:56
Источник: lossless
Наличие сканов в содержимом раздачи: да
Joseph Haydn: Cello concerto Hob. VIIb.1 in C major
01. I. Moderato (9:08)
02. II. Adagio (8:04)
03. III. Allegro molto (5:57)
Antonio Vivaldi: Cello concerto RV 419 in A minor
04. I. Allegro (3:13)
05. II. Andante (3:22)
06. III. Allegro (1:30)
Giovanni Platti: Cello concerto in D major
07. I. Allegro (3:31)
08. II. Adagio (3:35)
09. III. Allegro (4:49)
Luigi Boccherini: Cello concerto G479 in D major
10. I. Allegro (6:36)
11. II. Adagio (4:38)
12. III. Allegro (4:19)
Carlo Graziani: Cello concerto in C major
13. I. Allegro moderato (10:02)
14. II. Larghetto grazioso con portamento (4:45)
15. III. Rondeau. Allegretto (6:27)
Edgar Moreau - cello
Il Pomo d'Oro
Riccardo Minasi - conductor
Recorded in Lonigo, Italy on January 11-15, 2015.

AllMusic Review by James Manheim

The pun involved in the title of this Erato release may be unfamiliar to many Anglophone listeners; the Italian word "giovincello" means, roughly, "lad." Yet the high spirits of the joke seem appropriate to the playing of French cellist Edgar Moreau, who in fact fits the description (he was just 20 when the album was recorded). The music, too, is redolent of the carefree middle 18th century. The album is a must for one performance above all: that of the Boccherini Cello Concerto in D major, G479, whose fizzy, ebullient quality matches Moreau's personality to a rare degree. Sample the exuberance of the finale and see if you can resist reaching for your credit card. The Vivaldi Cello Concerto in A minor, RV 419, with its crack, brusque finale, is very nearly as good, and Moreau has the requisite effortlessness in the virtuoso concertos by Giovanni Platti and Carlo Graziani heard here, works that must have been no consolation to the sick and penniless Vivaldi, dying in Vienna, for they don't come close to his own accomplishments in the field even as they directly followed him. The Haydn Cello Concerto in C major, Hob. 7b/1, is almost a curtain-raiser here, an insubstantial bit of cantabile before the instrumental wonders to come. Erato errs with an over-live acoustic (the location is not specified beyond to say that is in Lonigo, Italy) that does not let Moreau's range of tone speak for itself, but Moreau gets just the right kind of flashy support from the historical-instrument group Il Pomo d'Oro and leader Riccardo Minasi. A genuinely exciting new artist here, who is at the same time a representative of the great French conservatory tradition.
Torrent: Registered [ 2016-03-21 00:36 ] · 7C4EF811A7BB051373BC5CB62318EDA47A0D9FA2

Download .torrent

17 KB

Completed: 0 times
Size: 185 MB

Quick Reply

Heads necessary to send messages to enable JavaScript
Display posts:    

Current time is: 22-Oct 19:08